Friday, May 10, 2013

Closet Makeover: Before and After!

Hey everyone!

It's finally Friday. I am working a 12 hour day shift today and anyone that knows me knows what a challenge that will be! But I am sure it will be fine! My sister is visiting from Tennessee with her husband and son so I hope to spend a little time with them on Sunday ... Mother's Day!

Do you remember the theme for today?
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com
I am excited because I have a guest blogger celebrating with me! She is a sweet and dear friend. You will hear me speak of Christina many times!! You can visit her blog here:
 

I love before and after photos. I just love to see the transformation something can have when a little love and attention is given. My entry way closet was a horrid mess! It became a sort of catch-all. It certainly did not function as a useful space and although a couple of coats were hung in the closet, they were rarely worn and so the closet was not serving any real purpose other than to collect junk!

I told you on Wednesday that I love Pinterest. I truly do. There are so many great closet storage ideas there and I have been truly inspired by many of the photos I have pinned. So I decided to take a little time and make a list of what I needed to get organized. I sent my husband to the store with said list but he found something far better and much cheaper so of course I was very happy! He even was sweet enough to put it together and install it for me. So without further adieu, here is the ugly before and the pretty after!
  







I know! STOP! Enough! Right? It was messy and did not function for our needs at all! So here is the new solution. Keep in mind that it's a work in progress, so it's not totally finished but it's much better than it was before!




Thanks for hanging out with Christina and me today! Hope you were inspired to finish something on your to-do list today!

Hugs,

1 comment:

Christina Wernstrum said...

OMG I love it and adding more shelves definitely does help to corral mess into functional organized baskets. Awesome!