Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank You, Veterans!


Hey, everyone!

I was thinking about Veterans Day. It is a holiday celebrated here in America today. I was reflecting on how many Veterans Days have passed in the 30 years of my life and how often had I really stopped to think about WHY we have a day to honor Veterans and just what it really means.

I am very thankful for all the men and women who have served and who continue to serve our country. Many gave their life for their country...for the men, women and children they would never meet, to keep America free! God bless them one and all!

Please say a prayer for our brave men and women in uniform who are continuing to serve and protect our nation! Pray for their families, too, that they have to leave behind in order to answer the call of duty! May we also tip our hats to those men and women who have stayed behind on the homefront, keeping things together as best they can, caring for the children and pets, and doing all the things they do that are often taken for granted and go unnoticed!

Perhaps you are off work today in honor of Veterans Day, please take the time to thank a Veteran. Let them know you appreciate the sacrifice they made, a sacrifice many of us will never even know or understand. Take the time to read about the history of Veterans Day and teach your children why November 11 is so important!


Hugs,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I am borrowing your link you are so cool to find stuff like that! Love the card very patriotic!

InkyAndScrappy said...

I am a sucker for Red, White, and Blue cards. Very cute.

Vicki Hook said...

Awesome post Bridgett! Love that card too - my dad's a vet!