Friday, January 30, 2009

Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge 09

Hey, everyone!

This month has been super busy for me, as far as crafting goes. I love it!!! I have been able to make handmade birthday cards and give them out for our family having a birthday except for one and it will be a little late due to the winter storm we are having here!

One of my goals for the new year was to read my Bible more and study it...not just read a scripture or two and go on, but actually dig into the Word and search out the scriptures for myself. I haven't done as much of that as I wanted to but I did start a challenge with Amber and Christina that I share here on my blog each Wednesday. I found another challenge and was very excited about it on SplitCoastStampers. HERE is the link if you want to read more about it. It's a once a month challenge so I thought I could handle that! LOL

Here is what I came up with....a scripture book, sort of like a perpetual calendar. Here is the outside cover. I love that my shiny purple and white ribbon go with our Winterberry paper (V-903) so well. I printed the title from a computer program I have. The purple dots were made using my purple Tombow marker from the Brights set (F-01) and a 6" plastic canvas heart. I just lined up a square portion of the mesh heart and poked the marker through each hole. It was lined up perfectly! I chose to get the hearts because it has straight and curved lines so I can use it for many different projects! The chipboard covers are 4x4 squares (H-102) and you can use ¾" black binding wire if you want (F-531). The Bind-It-All is item #F-506 annd you can get it half-price! Just ask me how.
The inside pages are 3¾"x3¾" of black cardstock (V-215). I used my Dymo label maker for the months just to make it quick and easy. You could easily stamp the months using Calendar Doodles (T-2819) and in any ink color you choose. I am not crazy about the orange labels but it will do! LOL I selected a scripture for each month of the year and I will share that with you each month. I know it is sort of late in the month now but I would like to share this month's scripture with you. It's a great verse to remember anytime of the year. It is found in 2 Corithians 5:17 (KJV) and it says:
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I hope you are inspired to make a book with the Bind-It-All. There are so many different things you can make. I love mine and it makes gift-giving so much easier now!

Hugs,

5 comments:

Sarah G. said...

Love your scripture book and your challenge. My husband and I have same goal to get into the word more. Great post, thanks for sharing!

Sarah G.

Unknown said...

Great use of your bind it all and this is an awesome scripture! of course you know I love it being purple and all!

hannah said...

Great work, Bridgett! I love the verse you chose. Everytime I read that, I want to start yelling and clapping! We ARE a new person and creation in Him!
Keep Blessing girl!!!

Vickilyn said...

Love that little book!!! Might need to make myself one!

Alley said...

What an inspriational idea.