Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Valentine Treats!

Hey, everyone!

I was hoping to wait a little longer before starting on any Valentine's Day projects, but I am not sure what all I am going to be making for my daughter to take with her to school. She's in first grade so I thought I could try a few different projects to see which ones she would like to give to her classmates and her teachers.

I remembered that I had made a cute halloween treat holder for a make 'n take project last year. Here is the link to see what I made. Angie Juda from Chic 'n Scratch is where I learned how to make it. Watch the video tutorial here. As you can see these are really easy to make and very cute, too.

For my project I just used papers from my scrap pile and I used my Scor-Pal (F-358) to make scoring my lines a breeze! I love this tool!! I don't even have to move the paper to make several different score lines. The handle is made using a string of faux pearls I had in my sewing box forever! I thought it would make a cute strap! The hearts are cut with my Creative Memories heart punch that I have had for several years. I traced the outside edge of the white heart with my glue pen to adhere the Prisma Glitter (A-287) for a little shimmer. The "love" sentiment came in a set of three that said LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE for $1 at Michael's. I stamped it using Belle Rose (TT-193). Then using the smallest heart from my punch and layering it along the edge I made a scallop border. The back is covered using the same patterned paper I had used on the small heart on the front. I just need to slide a small treat inside and it's ready to give away! Here it is:
What do you think?

If you make one, I'd love to see it. Leave me a link and I'll check it out!

Hugs,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a LOT of them! lol. I did them for Christmas and gave them away to someone to use as Xmas tree decoration with candies. lol.

Now, as for the calendar. Hope you take a pic this month to use for your calendar page of February. That would be great!

Dress up just for the ocassion girl! ;)

Amber said...

That is so cute!! It caught my daughter's eye and she wants one now! TFS!!

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet! I love it and that handle of pearls is divine!!

Unknown said...

This came out so sweet. I love the pearl handle! Prefect forr little miss Kadesia!

Vicki Hook said...

OMG this is soooo cute! GREAT job!