Sunday, July 18, 2010

Another Birthday Wish and Some Organization!

Hey, everyone!!

First of all, I would like to wish my dad the happiest birthday ever!!! I didn't make him anything for his birthday (not even a card, gasp!) but I will make sure I buy the card with the perfect words just for him! My brother and I are going in together for his present and I know he will love it!

You may be wondering what I have been up to since I haven't been posting to my blog much! I have taken on a MAJOR undertaking! I decided to move all my paper crafting upstairs to the kitchen corner and create myself a cozy little crafter's nook! The problem? I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF! LOL So, I decided to go back to plan A which is to only make a scrapbooking area in my kitchen corner and leave my paper crafting and stamping supplies downstairs. SOOOO I have been organizing that AGAIN and sorting things out! The good part of that, though, is I am going to be having a big BLOG CANDY when I am done!!! Want to see what I have accomplished the past couple of days?

Warning: this is an unfinished basement in a very old house so it won't be those beautiful show rooms, er I mean craft rooms, you see others have but I am thankful to have a dedicated space to play!
This is the top two shelves right beside my desk. I put all my punches on the top and separated them by company. I have a few more punches than that but this was what I had up there when I took the picture. Some of the punches are two deep. My bind-it-all and accessories are on the left hand side of the second shelf. Inside the basket I have some tools like another pair of wire cutters, Cloud scissors (from TAC), my Corner Chomper (from TAC), my Crop-A-Dile (from TAC), etc. In the taller blue basket I have my fun flock, seed beads, glitter, etc. The white pail has some foam brushes in it that I use with my Mod Podge which is behind the pail. In the skinny blue basket on the far right I have all my embossing powders, embossing buddy and heat gun. My acrylic paints are behind this basket.
Here are three of my ribbon holders. I need one or two more to hold the rest of my ribbon. I love these holders! Some miscellaneous ribbon (not on the rolls) are behind these holders. I also have a couple rolls sitting out. The next shelf down holds my quote books, Thesaurus, dictionary and a book my Upline Rita gave me! The bottom shelf is where I keep my label maker and packing tape.
This large shelf was FULL TO THE TOP AND SIDES and hanging out with items to alter. I had boxes and cans and toilet paper rolls, jumbo paper clips and you name it...it was probably here! I took everything off this shelf, cleaned it really well and now look! The only thing left is the banner I use for craft fairs rolled up on the left and my basket of retired papers from The Angel Company. This space makes me very happy to look at now! Wonder where all that stuff went? Let me show you!
I took everything off my big white cabinet and cleaned it really well! Then I put all my mailing supplies together...envelopes, boxes, etc. I love that I can find everything easily now. The next shelf is all the chipboard I have left. I have been going through a lot of it since purchasing my Bind-It-All! I love making books!
Just below that shelf, I have two drawers. This is the top drawer. I have my picture frames in this drawer!
Top shelf, left-hand side of the big white cabinet! I have coasters, cds, clipboards, pens, papers, notebooks, and lots more just waiting to be turned into something lovely!
Next shelf down has some more fun things to alter: clothespins, a pail, lunchbox, and other great stuff to play with!
Tiles! Lots and lots and lots of tiles! I want to make some of these for Christmas gifts this year. Looks like I'll have plenty! LOL
One of my favorite things to do is stamp on candles! I love that! It's so fun...so I have a few candles! This is the top shelf on the right hand side and in the round basket I have board books and wooden letters ready and waiting to be altered!
This is the second shelf on the right and can I just tell you how much fun this basket is going to be for me?! There are boxes and tins and containers of all shapes and sizes and I am super eager to turn them into fun gifts!
These two tubs stack on one another nicely on the bottom shelf on the right. I have small gift bags and tissue paper in the bottom one and other paper bags in the top that I use with paper crafting.
This used to be where I kept all my tools but now that I have the bookshelf free I only need my large paper trimmer, my tool basket, Scor-Pal and mat and a cutting board. I am not quite done here (as you can see with the missing drawers, LOL) but I am in the process of labeling each drawer with designer papers from TAC and my favorite cardstocks. I need one more 12x12 3 drawer unit and I will be done labeling. I love that I can stack all my 12x12 designer papers, their matching cardstocks, ribbon, hardware and even kits inside one drawer! What a great tool for me when I start my card classes again!
This is my husband's desk. He does the bills here. He has one drawer and a basket! LOL The rest is mine! My daughter sits here to do her paper crafting. She uses the ALPHABETS. I have foam and chipboard alphabets in these drawers separated by letter and a few chipboard numbers. She is very creative! The top drawers are mine filled with buttons, rhinestones, key chains, pearls, pom poms and tons more!

I didn't show you where I sit down to work and there's a good reason for that. I am not done! There's still a lot of things sitting on my desk that I must go through! I am almost done, though, and then I can start taking things back down stairs that I have upstairs! My house is a crafting war zone right now! LOL But it will be wonderful to have it all finished, especially with the fall season coming in a couple months. I will enjoy being inside to craft more! Thanks for hanging out with me! I will try to pop in soon with some new projects! If you don't have the catalog yet, be sure you let me know you want one! It's the best one we have ever had and I am so excited!!

Angel Hugs,

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You have made excellent progress! I hardly recognized some of the areas! You are going to love having your spaces finished! So much more will be done! Yay you!

Glittered Paws said...

What a HUGE undertaking that job must have been!!! Love your scrappers nook upstairs - looks so clean and tidy. Great job with your organization.

Teresa Jenkins said...

It must be "spring" cleaning time for us, a little late but good! I'm moving stuff down from upstairs to the basement LOL... Love how you are getting things set up how you want, have fun!

Angela K said...

Good for you! My own little room is needing an over haul too, it is amazing to me how much stuff I end up with! Yikes!!

Chelsea said...

gotta start somewhere ... can't wait to see the finished product!

Laine said...

Wow - you've been working really hard and your efforts are paying off. Everything is looking so wonderful.

Unknown said...

Your room is looking pretty good! I really need to do some cleaning and organizing myself....