Isn't it funny when two people can look at the same thing or be in the same situation and have two totally different points of view. I can have a stamp set and my friend can have the same stamp set, even with the same ink, ribbon and cardstock and leave us to our own creations and they will both be very different. I love that part of paper crafting. I don't have to make the same thing as anyone else because I see things differently. Sometimes seeing things differently can be a fun new way to create!!
I have some stamps, some are from The Angel Company and some are not. I decided I wanted to find a storage solution where I could keep those stamps separate but in the same location. I have been working and working to get all the images stamped out on a piece of cardstock that I have cut to size so it fits perfectly inside my CD cases. I come to my Spring/Summer 2008 Hostess Level A stamp set JUST GIGGLE and the first stamp I see is backwards of course, but it's also upside down. I was like, "What a cute snowman!" Then I thought about that for a second and realized there was no snowman in the Just Giggle set. I turn it around and realize it's a cute baby chick! Just for fun I grab one of my ink spots (sorry I don't know the name but it's blue!) and I stamp the image out. I punch it out with my scallop square punch (D-705). I had a gel pen that matches our ink really well and colored in his feet so it didn't show. Then I colored in his tail feathers with a black Tombow marker (F-01) and created another "arm" on the other side. I made his eyes and beak into a scarf and drew him some new eyes, nose, mouth and buttons down the front. I added some Turquoise Stickles (F-528) on the scallops and used Prisma Glitter (A-287) to give the illusion of snow and for extra bling!
Here's the stamp set, incase you aren't familiar with which one I am talking about.
Here is the gift card holder I created with it. It's really cute and now I have TWO STAMPS in ONE! I love that! I think that chicken looks great as a snowman, don't you? It is really cute in real life, but the Stickles don't photograph so well!
For the sentiment, I used a GWP stamp that I received FREE with a $30 purchase from the spring/summer 2008 catalog. Here is a photo of it. I actually cut it apart so it's two pieces. I use the sentiment a lot. I am thinking of cutting apart the "H" and "B" so that I can use them to monogram things, too!
I realize those are stamps that are no longer available, but I just wanted to show you my little discovery! I would love to see what new things you come up with now! Find new ways to use your stamps and supplies to get more mileage out of them. It's funny because I was so excited that it felt like I had a new stamp and we all know how awesome it feels to get new stamps, right?Well, tomorrow is the big day for me to announce the winner of the Blog Candy so if you haven't entered yet, please do. Remember you don't have to make a card to enter to win! You can simply tell me your favorite thing to eat or drink at Thanksgiving! I am having Thanksgiving dinner with my parents and family on Sunday so I would love to hear your favorites! Just link back to my blog from yours and you are in the drawing! No blog? No problem! Just let me know you don't have one and share your e-mail with me and I will make sure you are in, too! If you want a SECOND chance at winning, however, you can make a thank you card with someone in mind to give it to! Have a great day and go turn your stamps upside down to see what you can find! LOL
Hugs,
Hugs,
4 comments:
That turned out really cute for it being just a chick LOL!
Just dropping in to say "HellO".
Looks like you've been busy creating, I enjoy your blog.
Oh my! This was funny! I've never thought of it that way. If the stamp have a chick, I see a chick. I needed to see your stamped image a few times to actually understand what you saw and so forth.
Great creativity!
That is really cute!
Post a Comment