Monday, March 2, 2009

Tutorial for you!

Sticky Note Holder and Gift Box
For the Sticky Note Holder:
Cut your cardstock to 6¼" x 3¼". Cut 2 pieces of designer paper to measure 4½" x 4½". Cut 2 pieces of chipboard to 3½" x 3½".

Score your cardstock at 3" using your Scor-Pal. Then move the paper down to the ¼" mark and score at 3½". Fold your score lines.
Apply adhesive to the chipboard then place your chipboard square on a piece of your designer paper. Miter the corners and secure the flaps down.Apply adhesive to your cardstock up to the first score line then center onto the chipboard square. Repeat this process for the other chipboard cover.
Add your sticky notes and you are done! Decorate the outside the way you want it.
For the gift box:
Cut your cardstock at 10¼" x 4¾". Place your cardstock lengthwise onto the Scor-Pal at the 3/8" mark and score at 1".
Scoot your cardstock all the way to the left side and now you'll score at 4¼", 5½" and 9". Turn your cardstock widthwise and score at 3". Fold along the score lines.You will cut your cardstock according to the photo below.Apply adhesive to the narrowest section. Wonder tape will hold this really well. Apply adhesive to the back of the two small flaps.Fold the flaps in and fold the bottom piece up and secure.You can add a ribbon handle and embellish as you would like.I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial!! Let me know if you make one, too!
Hugs,

8 comments:

Patti J said...

GREAT tutorial! I will try this tonight!!! Thanks for sharing this good idea - how nice for teacher's mailboxes at work!!!

Vicki Hook said...

I REALLY need to get caught up on my angelhood commenting, but I couldn't let this post slip away. Your tutorial ROCKS girlfriend! Very neat project too!

Anonymous said...

You've been improving SO much! You rock girl!

Elizabeth S. said...

Great tutorial!! I am definately going to make this. Thank you.

Cheryl Walker said...

Thank you hun for your wonderful tutorial!!! I just had sooo much fun making this one!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

peggysue said...

You don't have nearly enough comments for this great tutorial. I do have to admit, it took a wee bit of time to figure out the measurements without a Scor Pal, but this project is a lot of fun and the tutorial is much appreciated.

Veronica said...

Thank you very much for this tutorial. It has been very inspiring for me. I even made two different sets including: Notebook, pens holder and your post-it holder with gift box :o) You can see them here http://www.flickr.com/photos/35637100@N03/3624965105/in/photostream/

Thanks again,

Veronica

Drew Norris said...

Tutorials are always helpful.